Basically I have spent every spare moment I have for the last few months (in between a few nights out of course), making quilts. I cannot believe how time consuming they have been! I have nearly finished this quilt - it took me probably about 5 hours just to quilt the top of it.
I now just need to finish stitching on the binding and then it's done. But guess what, I have got bored and already started a couple of other projects..... I don't feel too bad as this was going to be my practice quilt before I started on quilts for everyone else in the family. So here it is so far:
I'm pretty happy with it as a first quilt and it gave me lots of practice at free style machine embroidery. It then inspired me to start making this:
It's going to be a quilt for my youngest son and will hopefully be a bit of a keepsake. I cut up one of Tom's babygros and used it to applique the letters for Tom. I've chosen some retro fabric for the back.... The difficult thing is stitching the top. I've just bought some spray adhesive from ebay so I'm hoping it will keep it all fixed in place and avoid the fabric being scrunched up at the back - this always seems to happen to me!
I also got round to making a dress for this cause that lovely Louise from Sew Scrumptious is promoting. Hopefully you'll get that in the post on Tuesday Louise!
Right, I'm off to sew some bunting and paint this that I also picked up from the local church - £70. It's going to look great in our kitchen once I scrape off the chewing gum and graffiti.....